Tuesday, May 3, 2011

'Geography - Food Project'

Our Geography project was giving to us as an 'End of Year Project' to be completed for the 16th of May. We were asked to think of something we are interested in and base our project on it. I chose to do countries cuisine as I'm a lover of food. We were then asked to make a map on Google Maps and are to 'visit' five countries regarding the topic we have chosen and write about those countries.

I didn't want to choose any old country so I tried to go deeper into the choosing of them, having a meaning behind my choice.

The five countries I chose to write about are: Irish Cuisine, Rwandan Cuisine, New Zealand Cuisine, Hungarian Cuisine and finally Greek Cuisine.

The reasons behind these choices are as follows.

I chose to do Irish food is because I am from Ireland and wanted to learn more about my countries cuisine. - Irish Cuisine

I then went on to choose Rwandan cuisine as I have been recently doing the Rwandan Genocide in Religion and was I was intrigued by the countries history and wanted to learn about their cuisine. - Rwandan Cuisine

I was going to do Australia as it's one of the five continents but then I decided to do New Zealand. Although the two countries are similar, they do have their differences and I was drawn more to New Zealand. - New Zealand Cuisine

I went and chose Hungary as I visited the country last winter and found their cuisine to be peculiar but tasty at the same time, so I wanted to learn more. - Hungarian Cuisine

Lastly, I chose Greek cuisine as it's a beautiful country and one of the many countries I'd like to visit because of its beauty. - Greek Cuisine

I enjoyed doing this project thoroughly as I got to learn about different countries cuisine and I also expanded on my knowledge of working with Google Maps which is something I may need in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment