Friday, March 25, 2011

work experience

I went to Leixlip Veterinary Clinic. I can say i thoroughly enjoyed myself, it was such an experience. I enjoyed watching the operations being done all the preparation before the op's to be done. I found it very interesting and could possibly see myself studying to become a veterinary assistant, I would prefer to be a vet's assistant rather than a full on vet surgeon. I don't know why I would prefer it but I would, maybe it's the responsibility? My day started at eleven and finished at four. My lunch hours were between one and two. Some days however i might finish at two and then lunch till three. That didn't bother me as I was enjoying looking at operations or helping within the surgery. There was a chameleon called 'Patrick'. I held him and he was so cute, it actually made me want to get a chameleon, they seem very placid animals and enjoy being rubbed behind the head. He was very cute indeed. There was a cat who came into the surgery the week before I did my work experience, she had been pregnant and they had t do a scan to see if she was still pregnant as the girls said she seemed very bloated. She scared me a little because as you passed her she used to hiss aggressively at you, but once you petted her she was very nice. I wanted to go to the vets because I'm a lover of animals, I cry more during a film if an animal is dying than a human. :\ I've always had dogs in my lives since I was a baba, and I've even brought a stray dog into my home and homed it :) his name was Jimmy, he was such a good dog. I had a golden retriever, Cherie. She was the best dog ever, I had her since I was three but last April we had to put her down as she was getting too old and it was cruel to keep her alive in pain and being uncomfortable. I still miss her. So being such an animal lover, I'm really glad I went to the Vet's because I got to care for sick animals and all, so it was very fun indeed :D and would go ago again. All the animals were so cute and I enjoyed it so muccch.

No comments:

Post a Comment